Le Forum ARA

AFC - Barry Ackroyd, BSC, rend hommage à l'Aaton et à Jean-Pierre Beauviala au festival Toute la mémoire du monde

Anim

arton14231-4af9c.jpg?1583602072
Toute la mémoire du monde, lors de son édition 2020 (du 4 au 8 mars), rend hommage à Jean-Pierre Beauviala en projetant Holy Motors, de Leos Carax, et The Hurt Locker (Démineurs), de Kathryn Bigelow, deux films tournés avec des caméras Aaton. Barry Ackroyd, BSC, ne pouvant être au côté de Caroline Champetier, AFC, pour présenter Démineurs, lui a fait parvenir un texte devant être lu en début de séance. Ses mots, en langue anglaise...

Thanks for the opportunity to say a few words about this great Oscar and Bafta winning film. The first film, and as yet the only film directed by a woman to win best director Oscar.
Firstly, let me say what a great privilege it was to work with such an enlightened director, who immediately understood that using Super 16 mm Aaton cameras was the best way to capture a sense of realism, a verite.

From my point of view, the Aaton has always been my go to camera. A good friend and companion on hundreds of documentaries, a weapon to fight reaction, a tool for enlightening the word. For me, a camera isn't just a machine, it's the means to capture humanity and Jean-Pierre Beauviala, genius, made the best film camera ever.
I never got to meet with him but all my thanks and love to this creator.
Enjoy the film. Watch as the combination of brilliance and poetic skills are captured by 4, sometimes 5, Aaton cameras and of course recorded on the equally brilliant Aaton recorder / mixer.

Please enjoy the film.
Wish I was there.
Barry

(Projection, samedi 7 mars 2020 à La Cinémathèque française, de Holy Motors, à 18h15, et Démineurs, à 21h)

En vignette de cet article, Barry Ackroyd au côté d'une Aaton Penelope 35 mm sur le tournage de Contreband, de Baltasar Kormákur.

Afficher l’article complet